Gaming enthusiasts are always on the lookout of new ways to enjoy their preferred games. If you are among them, the Amazon Fire Stick will prove to be a very handy device. It is not only a streaming device but also a gaming platform. Using it, you can discover and use loads of gaming applications and services. These include titles like Minecraft and PUBG.
So, apart from streaming video content, you can have unlimited hours of game-playing experience. There are a ton of games available on the Amazon App Store. Not only that, but those with a jailbroken Fire Stick can also experience endless entertainment with apps, not on the Amazon App Store.
1. Install the Best Gaming Apps
Firestick supports a variety of video games. All of them are available on the Amazon Store. To enjoy a specific game on your Firestick device, you must know the right way to install it.
You can search for a particular game with these steps.
- Tap ‘Find’ followed by the ‘Search’ option on your Fire TV Stick’s home screen.
- Input the game’s name and tap it in the search results.
- In the new window, tap the game’s icon.
- If it’s free, tap the ‘Download’ option, but tap the ‘Cart’ icon if it’s a paid game.
If you have a jailbroken FireStick, you can still partake in many games. Take your entertainment up a notch by installing some of the best apps for jailbroken FireStick, such as Cyberflix TV, Cinema HD APK, TeaTV, and BeeTV. These provide a range of high-quality shows and movies that you can enjoy after a few hours of gaming.
2. Employ Game Controllers
Another way to elevate your gaming experience on Amazon Fire Stick is through a game controller. The Fire Stick usually has a remote for users to play games. However, to get an immersive experience, invest in some compatible controllers. These include:
- Amazon Fire TV Game Controller
- PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller
- Xbox Wireless Controller
Use Bluetooth to pair the controller with your Fire Stick. Just navigate to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.’ Then, choose ‘Other Bluetooth Devices’ and pair your controller. The Fire Stick will recognize the controller, and when it does so, select it and go by the on-screen guidelines.
3. Install RetroArch Emulator
With emulators, you can play games from different consoles on your Firestick. There are various emulators on Firestick, the most popular being the RetroArch. The application allows you to add several emulators and play games in a single interface. With RetroArch, you can play original games compact disks and retro games on various consoles and computers.
Some such games that this app supports include:
- Nintendo 64 Game Boy
Follow these points to install RetroArch on your Firestick.
- On the home screen of your Firestick, tap ‘Find’ followed by ‘Search.’
- Input RetroArch and click its search result.
- Click RetroArch’s style below ‘Apps & Games.’
- Now, tap ‘Download’ and let it install.
- Click ‘Open’ to use RetroArch.
4. Use Amazon Luna
Beginning in March 2022, Amazon Luna was made available for everyone in the US to play games on Fire TV and Fire tablets. It’s a cloud gaming service that has many gaming channels to select from, with content from several genres. It ensures that gamers of all kinds can use it.
Fire TV users don’t need any expensive hardware to begin playing high-fidelity games using Amazon Luna. Apart from the Prime Gaming Channel, Luna gives you access to five other game channels. You will find new Ubisoft games classic ones, and even trivia games for family entertainment. bis
- Navigate to ‘Find’ on your Fire TV and download the Luna app.
- After it installs, go through the catalog of games using a compatible controller.
- There will be no lengthy game download times or updates that you need to install.
- If you don’t have a compatible controller, use your Android or iPhone to control the gameplay.
5. Explore Some Free Games
There are several highly addictive games available on Firestick that provide hours of entertainment. Here’s a list of six best free games that you should install.
- Stranger Things: The Game
- Eventide: Slavic Fable
- Vendetta Online
- Beach Buggy Blitz
- Asphalt 8: Airborne
Amazon Firestick is not only a fantastic streaming device but also a great gaming companion. It provides you with an endless supply of games of various genres. Also, its seamless integration with other streaming services ensures that you don’t miss out on anything.